How to cook Thai Rice
Thai rice is also known as Jasmine Rice, around the world.
It is a very fragrant variety of Rice consumed in Thailand. This Rice as such and has a bit of a chewy bite to it unlike our basmati rice. The chewiness comes from the sticky nature of this rice. The Fragrance of the Jasmine Rice pairs well with the green curry which uses quality coconut milk and I would say it is definely match made in heaven.
We as a family Love Thai Cuisine and I cook green chicken curry so often at home. If you want to make it at home here is a very easy recipe for you to try. (Thai Green Chicken Curry).
Cooking Thai rice is a little different from other rice variety. I have tried cooking by different methods, in a pressure cooker, in a pot, both seem to work, but I like to cook it on the stove top in a pot, there by I am in better control of the situation.(No one wants to scrub burnt rice off the pot :d)
Here is my simple method to cook Thai Rice or Jasmine Rice as they call it.
How to cook Thai rice
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- Wash the rice a couple of times by gently scrubbing it with your fingers to wash.
- Transfer to a deep pot that may prevent the water from bubbling and over flowing.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil and cover and cook for about 10 mins or until all the water is absorbed.
- Check a rice grain to check if it is cooked through.
- Add more water if required if the rice needs to soften a little bit more and cook until done. The age of the rice is an important factor when it comes to the water proportions, older rice may need more water to cook completely than fresh crop rice.
- Add 1/2 cup more to cook the rice to soft texture if needed.
Edamame hummus is my delicious take on Middle Eastern Hummus recipe, using Japanese Edamame beans….
Warm Apple Ginger Juice for morning detox and perfect for those who don’t have the…