Sweet Potato and soy Kebabs (vegan recipe)
These super simple and delicious sweet potato and soy kebabs are rich in protein is perfect for meal prep.
If you love kebabs these soy and sweet potato these kebabs will be one of your favorites.
Some tips for the kebabs ,
- If you find your kebab mix is too soggy to hold on the skewer add a tbsp or two of pain flour or maida and mix well to bind it.
- Be careful When Turning the skewers use a fork and a spatula to gently roll it in the oil as the kebabs are soft until cooked and can easily break apart.
- You can replace sweet potatoes with regular potatoes as well.
Step by step instructions
Mix all the ingredients well with hands
Let the kebab mix rest in the refridgrator for 30 minutes before use
Shape the kebabs on a skewer
Shallow fry the kebabs
Eat it as it is with green chutney ( See recipe here, how to make green chutney ) or eat it in a wrap.
Sweet Potato and soy Kebabs
- pan, skewers, pot, bowls
- 1 cup dry Soy nuggets
- 1 medium Sized onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Roasted Gram flour or besan
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp red food color (optional)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies
- Oil to shallow fry
- 2-3 tbsp maida or white flour (optional)
- Take a dry pan and add in the gram flour or chickpea flour and roast it for a 5 minutes until a nice aroma comes out of it and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add soy nuggets boiled squeezed and pulsed in a blender, ginger garlic paste, grate or mashed sweet potatoes, onion, coriander leaves, green chillies mix them well.
- Next add in the powders ( red chilli powder, salt, Garam Masala, red food color, cumin powder, chat masala, roasted gram flour)
- Mix all the ingredients well with your hands to form a tight kebab mix. Keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes or until use.
- Oil your palms and take a medium sized ball of kebab mix and shape it on the skewer into kebab shape.
- In a large pan with a flat base, add enough oil to shallow fry the kebabs in medium flame and gently place the kebabs on it and keep rolling the skewers one after the other to cook on all the sides. Repeat until all the kebabs are cooked through.
- Serve these delicious kebabs with mint chutney or ketchup as an appetizer or serve it in a wrap or in a sandwich.