Savoury Oats recipe with mushrooms and poached egg
Have you tried making savoury oats ? I guarantee you that you’ll love oats in a different way if you do ! This happens to be is one of my favourite ways of having oats. You can add your favorite curry seasoning andenjoyed this delicious creamy and hot oats for breakfast
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pack Shiitake mushrooms ( sliced )
- Green spinach optional ( a handful )
- Curry powder 1 tsp (optional)
- 1 Poached egg or sunny side up
- 1/4 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pod Minced garlic
- Olive oil 1 tsp
How to make it :
- Heat a pan to medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the onions, sliced mushrooms, garlic pods and sauté until the mushrooms are softened.
- Next add soy sauce, oats and mix in the mushrooms and onions.
- Next add in the vegetable stock and cook the oats to your liking.
- Finally add the baby spinach and turn off the flame. Cover with a lid and let the spinach wilt down in the steam.
- And your savory oats is done. Serve it with a poached egg on the side and enjoy.
I have used quick oats so add sufficient water to cook other variety of oats.
Adjust water to your preference, add less water if you prefer have it slightly dry.
You can check for salt and add as required, usually soy sauce is a bit salty and also the store bought vegetable stock has salt in it already so be careful when you add.