Sathumavu Ladoo is a recipe is a version of indian bliss ball. made from a multi grain mixture.
I have used a ready made sathumavu mix, which is commonly found around indian super markets called manna health mix.
I usually make peanut ladoos or green gram ladoos for my son’s snack time. One day when i was running out of peanuts and when he has asked me for some laddoos, i had the idea of using a box of Manna health mix that was lying around in my pantry. Ever since these laddoos are so loved by my son and me. When i dont find time in the morning to eat something before i head out to run the million errands it comes very handy. I have a few laddoos and a glass of milk and i am good to go.
What i like best about this ladoo is this ready mix has many millets and grains which on a daily basis we may not have the chance to consume. Check out the recipe i am sure youll like it.
Check out my other kids recipes here healthy kids pizza sauce recipe
Healthy Millet ladoo
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup Manna health Mix flour.
- 180 ml water adjust accordingly
- In a pan add 1/2 of the ghee mentioned in the ingredients, once its hot, add a cup of manna health mix or your home made millet mix or sathumavu. Toast the powder in medium flame until it gets aromatic., add little more ghee and continue to toast it on the pan.
- Mean while boil some water on the side. We will be adding this water to the millet mix.
- Add powdered jaggary or cane sugar or any healthy sweetener of your choice.
- Mix it all well and once the sugar is evenly mixed. Measure a glass of hot water and gently add it to the pan. It will bubble and sizzle. Quickly mix in the water and cook the powder in low flame. Until all the flour is mixed in and comes together like a dough. Press it down slightly to the pan with a spatula so its cooked and mixes evenly.
- Now quickly transfer the dough to a plate and keep some ghee on the side to make the laddoo balls.
- Take a small amount of dough. If its for adults bigger size would be fine. For kids I prefer keeping the kite side small. Gently press it down with your thumb as shown in the picture. Once softened and smoothened by the fingers. Apply a bit of ghee on your palm and roll the laddoos to a smooth ball.
- Repeat for all the laddoos. Super Fuggy, healthy treat is ready to eat.
Step By step Pictures to make sathumavu ladoo,
Add some Ghee to a pan and heat it up, add the sathumavu to it, warm some water on the side.
Next add in some ghee ( melted ghee is better, so you have better control), add brown sugar or jaggary. Next add in the water.
cook it for a few minutes don’t let it get too runny or lumpy.
Quickly remove from the heat and add melted ghee to it and press it down between your fingers
and roll them between your palms and store them in air tight container once it cools down.
- Chicken Stew in Pressure cooker
- Spicy Peanut Mint Chutney
- Mixed Vegetable Cutlet
- Vegetarian Thai Green Curry
- Curry Leaf Egg Masala Fry
Chicken stew in pressure cooker is a popular recipe from Kerala, is a light chicken curry with coconut milk, mildly spiced by whole spices.
Spicy peanut and mint chutney is a nutty spicy and creamy mix makes a perfect accompaniment for rice or idly and dosa.
Mixed vegetable Cutlet is a crispy deep or shallow fried potato and mixed vegetables patties perfect for snack time and the best accompaniment to evening chai. Mixed Vegetable Cutlet is a very delicious snack loved by everyone. Perfectly crispy and golden on the outside and soft on the inside. It is my favorite snack from…