Thayir Vadai / Dahi Vada
Thayir Vadai or dahi vada is a popular indian snack. Perfect for hot summers. This recipe is a south indian version of it.
- high speed blender
- kadai or wok
- slotted spoon
- chopping board
- 10 Medu vadas
- 1/2 cup Thick Yoghurt
- 1 green chilli
- 3-4 Fresh Coconut pieces
- Salt (as required)
- 1 pot Hot water
- If you are using left over medu vadais
- Bring a pot of water to boil and dunk the already made medu vadais into it and let it soak in it for 5 mins.
- After 5 minutes take it out l, drain the water and keep it on your serving dish.
- Next in a blender, add the coconut, green chillies and blend it with little water to a smooth paste.
- Take a bowl and add yoghurt to it and beat it with a fork or a spoon until smooth and no lumps are formed. Next add the prepared coconut and green chilli paste to it and mix well.
- Now the final part. Carefully scoop out the yoghurt mixture on top of the medu vadas until all vadas get a good dip in the yoghurt.
- Garnish with fresh corriander leaves, shredded carrots and sev and
- let it sit for 30 mins in the fridge. serve chilled or at room temperature.
If you are making thayir vadai or Dahi Vada as soon as you are making medu vada you can add it directly into hot water as soon as you take it out of the oil. This step is important to make sure the vadas get soft and absorb all the yummy yoghurt mixture.