- 2 Large Chicken Legs
- 4 tbsp Yoghurt
- 2 tsp kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Chicken Masala
- 1 tbsp Orange Food Color
- 1/2 a Lime Juice
- First let’s prepare the hung curd/yoghurt, take a bowl and add a strainer and line it with muslin cloth or a mesh strainer.
- Add yoghurt to it and let it sit for an hour for the whey to drain completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken pieces. Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and score it with a knife to allow the marinade to coat well.
- Once the hung curd is ready, add it to a bowl, add Kashmiri Red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, chaat masala, ginger garlic paste, lime juice and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and massage well.
- Cover with a cling film and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- After 2-3 hours, pre-heat the oven to 200 Deg C for 10 minutes and prepare the baking tray with an aluminum foil rub some oil on the surface of the foil.
- To the marinated chicken, add oil and food coloring and rub it on the surface.
- Transfer the tandoori chicken to the baking tray, cover the exposed bones with an aluminum foil
- Bake in the oven top rack for about 50 minutes on 200 Deg C.
- Serve it with green chutney, pickled onions and a lemon wedge.
I like to add oil to the chicken after the marination is complete that way the oil will not block the marinade from seep into the chicken pieces. There is no need to add color at the beginning so I have added just before baking. This is optional.