- 4 tsp Oil
- 1-1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1-1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 1-1/2 tsp Channa gram
- Cashews - a handful
- 1 and 1/2 cups semolina or sooji
- 1 cup Carrots - grated
- 1 cup Corriander leaves chopped
- Salt - to taste
- 1 cup Sour Yoghurt - 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Water - 1/2 cup (or to get thick idli batter consistency)
- 1/2 cup Eno- 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan, add oil, once heated add mustard seeds, hing, urad dal, curry leaves and Channa dal
- Next add cashews nuts fry until they turn golden brown in colour
- Next add sooji Rava and fry until the mixture turns aromatic. (make sure rava doesn't turn brown)
- Once rava gets aromatic, transfer the mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool a bit and then add grated carrots, coriander leaves, salt , and one cup of sour yogurt mix well, then allow it to sit for 5 mins, then see the consistency and add more water( we need in idli pouring consistency )
- Brush the idli plates with oil and keep it ready. Bring the water in the idli steamer to a boil.
- Then add half tsp of eno or fruit salt, and mix it in. After adding eno immediately pour the batter into idly plates.
- Steam the Idlis for 10-12 minutes or until a fork comes out clean when pricked in the centre.
- Serve it Hot with corriander chutney
✍🏼Tip : If u are making in batches, divide the batter and add eno! ✍🏼U can keep the rava mixture, before adding the water and veggies in an air tight container for 20 days