Podi Idli Upma
Idly upma with a twist. Try this easy podi idli upma recipe for a breakfast it will become your favorite.
- 6 Left over Idles
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Channa dal / Kadalai Paruppu
- A few Curry leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Idli Podi
- Gently crumble the left over idles with your hands on to a plate and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan, add oil to it. Once hot, add mustard seeds and allow it to sputter completely.
- Next add in the channa dal or kadala paruppu, add curry leaves, wait till the channa dal Gets a nice golden in color.
- Add in the crumbled left over idles, add some salt to taste, mix it well. Keep the flame on low to medium to prevent the idles in the bottom from roasting.
- Finally add the idli podi or gun powder and mix it in.
- Serve it hot with chutney or pickle. It can be eaten as it is too.
Left over Idlis work best for this recipe, If its fresh idli, cool it down until it comes to room temperature before use.