Mixed Vegetable Cutlet
- Deep Pot for Frying and a wide flat bottom pan for making cutlet mix
- 450 gms Boiled Potatoes or 5 medium sized potatoes
- 1 no. Carrots Large Size grated
- 100 gms Beetroot or half a large beetroot
- 1/2 Onion Finely chopped
- 1 no. Capsicum Finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked Green Peas or frozen
- A handful Cashews
- A handful Corriander leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Salt Add to taste
- 1 no. no. Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 a Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Bread Crumbs
For Coating and frying
- 6-7 tbsp Bread Crumbs Fine - As required
- 3 tbsp White Flour
- 90 ml Water
- Oil to deep fry
- Complete the prep work written in the notes below, Boil potatoes, grate the veggies, dice the onions and bell peppers finely chop coriander leaves.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, add oil to the Pan, Once hot, add finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chillies.
- Saute them until the onion is translucent. Next add in the grated carrots, beetroot, diced capsicum (bell peppers), Ginger garlic paste, salt and cook it until the veggies are cooked and the moisture is reduced.
- Next add boiled potatoes and green peas, red chilli powder, cumin powder, Garam Masala , lemon juice and mix it in nicely and cook for 10 minutes.
- Check for salt and Use a masher are mash the cutlet mix into a smooth texture.
- Add chopped cashews, bread crumbs and mix t well. Let to cool down.
- Mean while, prepare a slurry mix, by adding white flour with water. The mix should not be too runny or too thick.
- Keep Bread crumbs to coat the cutlet.
- Take a handful of cutlet mix, and shape it into flat about 1 cm thick cutlets. (Rub some oil on the palms to prevent it from sticking in your palms.
- Repeat the process and shape all the cutlets.
- Dip the cutlets in the flour slurry first and them in the bread crumbs. Use spoons to keep the hands clean.
- Keep them on a plate. And refrigerate for 30 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil for deep fry (Read Tips)
- Add 2-3 cutlets at a time and fry them for 2 minutes maximum, until they are crispy and golden.
- Alternatively you can shallow fry them on a pan.
- Serve with ketchup and chai.
Prep Work :
- Cut the potatoes in half and boil them with salted water on stove top until the middle is cooked and soft, Peel and keep aside.
- Grate Carrots and beetroot
- Finely dice Green Bell pepper and
- Roughly chop Cashews (Not too big)