Tomato paneer Pulao
Simple Coconut milk based tomato paneer pulao
- 5-7 tbsp Oil use any neutral flavored oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- A few curry leaves
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 star Anise
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 no.s green cardamom pods
- 2-3 Green chillies finely chopped spicy vareity
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 medium sized Onions Finely Chopped , 100 gms
- 2-3 tsp Salt adjust to taste
- 1 cup tomato pulp or 4 juicy tomatoes puree
- 2 tsp Degi mirch or Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Corriander leaves a handful.
- 200 gms Paneer cubed
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 4 cups diluted coconut milk
- Wash basmati rice in water gently a few times or until the water is clear and soak it for 15 minutes, drain and keep it aside.
- In a Pressure pan, add oil, once heated, add in bay leaf, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom pods,cloves. Once the spices turn aromatic, add in the chopped green chillies and curry leaves and ginger garlic paste. Sauté for few minutes.
- Next, add in the chopped onions,Add a little salt to cook the onions faster.
- Add pureed tomatoes ,Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tomatoes turn mushy and is soft and well combined with the onions and other masala
- Add Red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Add paneer cubes, mix in well cover and cook for 5 minutes till all the flavors infuse into paneer pieces
- Check salt and add more if needed
- Cook the paneer in the tomato gravy in medium flame covered for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Add in the washed, soaked, drained basmati Rice.
- Add the diluted coconut milk, mix it the coconut milk into the rice mixture
- Sprinkle 1 spoon of garam masala and drizzle ghee.
- Cover the pressure cooker and with a lid (without whistle weight) cook the pulao mixture on medium flame until becomes semisolid or where almost all water is absorbed. Now put the whistle weight on the lid, keep on low flame and cook for 7-10 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure is released, allow the pulao to rest for 10 - 15 mins in the cooker.
- After resting time, use a fork to gently fluff the pulao so it is mixed well
- There your yummy tomato paneer pulao in coconut milk is ready to be served. Serve it hot eat it with onion, tomato cucumber raita.