Rava Idli, How to make rava idli
Rava Idli is made out of sooji or Rava, which is basically semolina. This instant idli can be made without any grinding and is very healthy breakfast option. The Rava Idli mixture can be made in advance and stored in air tight container for busy mornings. Lets see how to make this easy rava Idli. Thanks to my dear friend Manasa of spoons of flavor for sharing this easy recipe. Check out her blog here.
- 4 tsp Oil
- 1-1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1-1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 1-1/2 tsp Channa gram
- Cashews – a handful
- 1 and 1/2 cups semolina or sooji
- 1 cup Carrots – grated
- 1 cup Corriander leaves chopped
- Salt – to taste
- 1 cup Sour Yoghurt – 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Water – 1/2 cup (or to get thick idli batter consistency)
- 1/2 cup Eno- 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan, add oil, once heated add mustard seeds, hing, urad dal, curry leaves and Channa dal
- Next add cashews nuts fry until they turn golden brown in colour
- Next add sooji Rava and fry until the mixture turns aromatic. (make sure rava doesn’t turn brown)
- Once rava gets aromatic, transfer the mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool a bit and then add grated carrots, coriander leaves, salt , and one cup of sour yogurt mix well, then allow it to sit for 5 mins, then see the consistency and add more water( we need in idli pouring consistency )
- Brush the idli plates with oil and keep it ready. Bring the water in the idli steamer to a boil.
- Then add half tsp of eno or fruit salt, and mix it in. After adding eno immediately pour the batter into idly plates.
- Steam the Idlis for 10-12 minutes or until a fork comes out clean when pricked in the centre.
- Serve it Hot with corriander chutney