Rajma Masala – How to make Rajma curry Recipe
Rajma Recipe – Rajma is red kidney beans and we use it often in India as a side dish to rice. It is an excellent plant protein source for vegetarians.
And this curry is one of my favorites and the combination of this curry with hot and fluffy basmati rice is simply divine.
Serving Suggestions for this Rajma Recipe
How to make Home made Naan without yeast and oven
- 3/4 cup Dry Rajma Red kidney Beans
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 large leaf Bay leaf
- 3 no.s Cloves
- Salt To cook rajma
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium sized onion pureed
- 2 large tomatoes pureed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp Channa Masala Or Garam Masala
- Corriander leaves For garnish
- Fresh cream for garnish
- Take a pressure cooker, add water, Rajma, cloves, bay leaf and salt and pressure cook 6-7 whistles or until its cooked well. Keep it aside. Do not discard the water.
- Next, heat a pan, add oil, once hot, add the pureed onion paste, add little salt and cook it on medium flame until the moisture in the onion is gone.
- To the cooked onion paste add Ginger garlic paste and cook it for a few minutes.
- Next add the pureed tomatoes, mix well, cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes on low to medium flame, until the tomato has thickened and has cooked well.
- Once the tomatoes is cooked well and has thickened, add the spice powders, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, kasuri methi, channa masala powder, salt. Cook for a few minutes until the spice mixture is cooked off.
- Next, add the cooked Rajma along with the water, ( you can remove the whole spices. ). Cover and cook until desired consistency.
- Garnish with corriander leaves, a drizzle of fresh cream and serve hot with basmati Rice.