Hyderabadi Chicken 65
Hyderabadi chicken 65 is a recipe that I came across when I was initially trying to figure things out in the kitchen and when I was craving chicken 65. This looked like an updated version of chicken 65 we make at home.
It is sweet and spicy and has a generous garlic flavour which is a sure winner for parties or potluck.
Hyderabadi chicken 65
- Oil to deep fry
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 4-5 leaves Curry leaves (optional)
- 2 numbers Green chillies (slit lengthwise)
- 3 table spoon Ketchup
- 2 table spoon Water
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder (adjust to preference)
- 2 tbsp Yoghurt
- 3/4 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tbsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 300 gms Chicken (Boneless) (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- In a big bowl mix in all the ingredients mentioned below marination. And add the chicken pieces to it and allow it to rest for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Heat the oil for deep frying , ensure the oil is very hot. Then add the marinated chicken pieces to the oil and fry them until cooked well. This will take about 5 mins per batch. (Note the oil should be hot enough to fry the chicken it should sizzle as soon as the chicken is dropped)
- place the fried chicken in a paper towel and allow it to rest.
- In a pan, heat little oil, then add curry leaves and green chilli and once it sputters, add the garlic , ketchup mixture and cook it covered for 1 minute (don’t let it go dry).
- Quickly add the fried chicken and toss it nicely in the sauce prepared and turn off the heat.
- Hot and spicy hyderabadi chicken 65 is ready.