Honey & Sesame Baby Corn
Honey sesame baby corn is a savory and sweet baby corn recipe. It is so simple and quick to make that makes it a perfect party recipe. I have eaten this made with chicken but wanted to give a vegetarian twist to it hence tried with baby corn and it turned out delish had to share this recipe!
Check out other my other favorite appetizer recipe here, sweet potato kebabs
Honey sesame baby corn
- 150-200 grams Baby corn
- 3 tbsp All purpose flour/ Maida (for dry coat)
- 3 tbsp Corn starch (for dry coat)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (optional)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Oil (to deep fry)
- 1 tbsp Corn starch (for slurry)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 Tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil (the asian sesame oil not the indian gingerly oil)
- 1-2 tbsp Soy sauce (use tamari sauce for vegan options)
- 2-3 large Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 spicy Green Chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp spring onion
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- To a bowl, add the all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, baking soda, add little water mix well.
- Chop the baby corns into 2 inch length and add it to the batter that we prepared coat it well. Add little more water or flour if required the baby corn has to be coated well. Deep fry it in Hot oil. Keep the fried baby corn on a paper towel.
- Heat a pan, add sesame oil, chopped garlic, green chillies, spring onions ( or finely chopped onions) and saute well let it sizzle.
- Next add the sauces, soya sauce, ketchup, vinegar and honey and cook on medium flame.
- Take a small bowl add water and mix the corn flour measured for the slurry and mix it well without any lumps.
- Now, add the prepared corn flour slurry to the hot sauce in the pan and mix well. The sauce will thicken now and get glossy.
- Now, add the fried baby corn to the prepared sauce and toss it well so the sauce coats on every baby corn piece. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh spring onions and serve as an appetiser.
Check out our latest post on Social Media
- Chicken korma
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- omelette curry
- Chow Chow Poricha Kootu
- Tomato Kurma Thakkali Kurma
Andhra recipes biriyani breakfast chicken Chicken Dry Roast chicken recipes chutney desserts dinner dips Egg recipes Eggs Gluten Free green curry healthy Healthy Recipes indian breakfast indian sweets italian Kerala Recipes kid friendly lentil low carb Millets non veg north indian North Indian recipes one pot recipes Palak recipes Paneer Recipes party food party recipes pasta plant based rasam sandwiches Seafood side dish snacks South Indian sweets tofu vegan vegetarian Weighloss