Egg salad and minty avocado sandwich
EGG SALAD SANDWICH is one of my favorite sandwiches, and this is a fun twist to an egg salad sandwich using minty avocado the indian style.
This is such a simple recipe to make and to store in the refrigerator for busy mornings and uses pantry ingredients.
We all love eggs in our home, Its a part of our breakfast most days.
Avocado is a fruit that is so healthy and when I learned about it I wanted to add it to our breakfast table and the only way I could get my family to eat was through this recipe or I make delicious buttery soft avocado chapathi.
Japanese Egg salad Sandwiches
My love for egg salad started when I came to Japan and tasted the yummiest egg salad sandwich ever.
They were fluffy and creamy and every bite is very satisfying. Also, the best part was it was available at convenience stores at any time of the day.
Many people fear avocado because it is bland and lacks flavour and tend to have them as smoothies.
This idea came to me to add a minty twist by adding mint chutney to it and oh man, I was completely blown away by how the creaminess of avocado was complimented by the minty flavour. Its a must try.
- Boil the eggs medium to soft boiled consistency. This is crucial to get the Japanese style fluffy egg salad texture.
- Adding powdered sugar is optional, but a bit of sugar definitely makes it taste better.
- You can either make your own green chutney, check how to make mint chutney here (How to make green chutney), or can use any store bought mint chutney of your choice. I personally Like Mother’s Mint chutney.
- You can refrigerate this mix it incase you will have no time to boil, peel and mix in the morning rush hour.
- It is important to wait for the eggs to be completely cooled before adding the mayonnaise to it.
- If you wish to toast it you can but I like to serve it without toasting.
Minty Avocado and Egg Sandwich
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado chopped
- 1 tbsp Mayonaise
- Salt to taste
- Powdered sugar optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mint chutney
- 4 Bread slices
- In a pot, boil the eggs to medium consistency. This roughly takes about 10-12 minutes, Once the eggs boiled, gently remove them peel once it cools down.
- Chop the boiled eggs in to large or small chunks of your choice. Small chunks will make the sandwich more creamy, if you prefer to have a bite of egg in your sandwich go for large chunks. (note 2)
- Add the chopped eggs in a bowl, add mayonnaise, salt and sugar as mentioned in the ingredients. With a fork mix in well till it all combines to one fluffy mixture. Keep it aside until use. (note1)
- In a separate bowl, add the avocado, and mint chutney, mix in well. And keep aside
- Now trim the edges of the bread slices. If you don’t prefer to you can keep it as it is. Now gently spread some egg mixture on one slice and top it with a later of avacado and mint mixture.
- Keep another slice of bread on top and press it down gently.Cut into triangles or serve as open sandwich. For an extra kick sprinkle some red chilli flakes.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and serve it cold.