Egg Malai Masala, is a spicy creamy egg side dish for Roti/Chapathi or any kind of Indian flat breads.
Malai means cream in Hindi language and this recipe uses milk to bring the creaminess into the masala.
If you would like to make it richer, you can swap with cream as well. But for me this tasted good and hence sharing this simple recipe with you all.
One may wonder, does the use of cream or milk make it spiceless ? not at all, it gets the heat of the spice from the green chillies.
Now you can make the same recipe into a gravy by stopping the cooking process at the desired consistency. For malai fry the egg needs a bit more time on the stove.
Recipe Video – How to make Egg Malai Fry
More Egg Recipes
Egg Malai Masala
- 4-5 Boiled Eggs Cut in half
- 1 large onion
- 2 green chillies add more for spicer curry/fry
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1.5 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ghee Optional
- A Few Corriander leaves
- Grind Onion and green chillies together and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, Add Oil to it and once hot enough, add the ground onion and green chilli paste. Sauté it until golden and brown
- Next Add Ginger Garlic paste and sauté it well into the onion mixture.
- Next add milk and mix it in
- Next add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder , cumin powder, garam masala and mix it well and cook until the masala is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Next, Add the boiled eggs with cut side down and cover and simmer it for a few minutes.
- Now you can stop cooking for a semi gravy consistency, if you want to roast it a little further flip the eggs and move it around and cook without a lid for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Roti as a side dish.