Egg masala fry ( Muttai Varuval) is a recipe will make you find love for boiled eggs in a new way.
I love Eggs, if you have been following soulsomecooking on Facebook, by now you’ll know that I am an egg addict ! I love eggs and like to have it atleast in one meal on a day.
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp urad dal
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Slice the boiled eggs in Half and keep it aside.
- Take a wide plate and add all the spices mentioned ( red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt) and mix it with your fingers.
- Next gently coat all the cut eggs slices on both sides with the masala powder mix prepared.
- Heat a wide pan and add 3-4 tbsp of oil to fry. Add more or less oil to allow every egg to get a chance to fry.
- Next add the urad dal, and curry leaves, sauté for a few seconds and add in the masala coated eggs one after the other into the oil.
- Let the eggs roast in low to medium flame. After about 5 minutes, you’ll see the masalas bubbling around. carefully turn it over to cook the other side and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Gently transfer to a plate, be careful when you transfer it may be very soft and the yolk may fall out, use a spoon to help take it out of the pan.
- Eat it with dal rice or rasam rice. It tastes great with any bland curry.
Latest Instagram Post, featuring meal ideas with Egg Masala Fry.
More Egg Recipes
Udaitha Muttai Kuzhambu – Egg Drop Curry