Mor Keerai – Keerai Morkuzhambu
Mor Keerai (Keerai MorKuzhambu) is a traditional south Indian style yoghurt curry.
This curry is made out of buttermilk which is the ‘mor’ part of it. Morkuzhambu is usually spiced (with a hint of cumin, ginger and green chillies in it ) buttermilk curry and topped with fried or cooked with okra (ladies finger) or pumpkin or other root vegetables.
Happy To hare a unique Morkuzhambu recipe with the readers here, This recipe uses spinach and is a win win.
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 No.s Green Chillies
- 2 cm thick Large coin size Ginger
- 1.5-2 Cups Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt (To taste)
- Coconut oil ( Extra for a drizzle)
- grind coconut , cumin seeds , green chillies, Ginger with little curd first and make it into a smooth paste
- In a separate bowl, add yoghurt and a little turmeric powder and whisk it without lumps and add water as required and add the ground coconut mixture
- In a kadai, add oil, crackle mustard seeds, add little cumin, fenugreek seeds and add finely shredded spinach any variety is good
- Let the spinach wilt down
- Next then add the prepared yoghurt mixture and bring it to a simmer don’t let it boil too much keep on low to medium flame
- Add salt finally to round off the taste
- Using coconut oil tastes better (you can drizzle extra towards the end)
- Your mild and soothing more keerai is ready to be served.
Check Out my other Spinach Recipes here,