Egg salad and minty avocado sandwich
This is one of my favorite egg salad sandwich it is so simple to make with pantry ingredients.
We all love eggs in our home, and avocado is a fruit that is so healthy and I like to add avocado in my breakfast. What I love about this recipe is that it brings the best of both.
My love for egg salad started when I came to Japan and tasted the yummiest egg salad sandwich ever. They were fluffy and creamy and every bite is very satisfying and when it comes to avocado, usually the complaint with avocado is that it is bland and lacks flavour. This idea came to me to add a minty twist by adding mint chutney to it and oh man, I was completely blown away by how the creaminess of avocado was complimented by the minty flavour.
You can either make your own green chutney, check how to make mint chutney here ( How to make green chutney), or can use any store bought mint chutney of your choice. I personally like mother’s brand, shown in the image below.
some tip here,
- If you wish to make it ahead and save a little more time, leave the mixes in an airtight container and it would last good for 3-4 days no complains.
- You can make both separately as two diferent sandwiches or have them layered like I did here. End goal is to eat a satisfying and filling breakfast.
Now let us jump to the recipe and see how to make these delicious and simple Minty avocado and egg salad sandwich
Minty Avocado and Egg Sandwich
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado chopped
- 1 tbsp Mayonaise
- Salt to taste
- Powdered sugar optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mint chutney
- 4 Bread slices
- In a pot, boil the eggs to medium consistency. This roughly takes about 10-12 minutes, Once the eggs boiled, gently remove them peel once it cools down.
- Chop the boiled eggs in to large or small chunks of your choice. Small chunks will make the sandwich more creamy, if you prefer to have a bite of egg in your sandwich go for large chunks. (note 2)
- Add the chopped eggs in a bowl, add mayonnaise, salt and sugar as mentioned in the ingredients. With a fork mix in well till it all combines to one fluffy mixture. Keep it aside until use. (note1)
- In a separate bowl, add the avocado, and mint chutney, mix in well. And keep aside
- Now trim the edges of the bread slices. If you don’t prefer to you can keep it as it is. Now gently spread some egg mixture on one slice and top it with a later of avacado and mint mixture.
- Keep another slice of bread on top and press it down gently.Cut into triangles or serve as open sandwich. For an extra kick sprinkle some red chilli flakes.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and serve it cold.
It is important to wait for the eggs to be completely cooled before adding the mayonnaise to it. If you wish to toast it you can but I like to serve it without toasting.