Honey & Sesame glazed Baby Corn
Honey sesame baby corn is a savory and sweet baby corn recipe. It is so simple and quick to make that makes it a perfect party recipe … I have eaten this made with chicken but wanted to give a vegetarian twist to it hence tried with baby corn and it turned out delish had to share this recipe!
Honey sesame baby corn
- 200 grams Baby corn
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour/ Maida (for dry coat)
- 1 tbsp Corn starch (for dry coat)
- 3 tbsp All purpose flour (for batter)
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Corn starch (for batter)
- Oil (to deep fry)
- as required Water (for batter)
- Water (to boil)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil (the asian sesame oil not the indian gingerly oil)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce (use tamari sauce for vegan options)
- Chop the baby corns into 2 inch length and add it to boiling water seasoned with salt for 5 minutes. Remove the half cooked baby corn and set aside in a bowl
- In a pan mix, water, honey, mix well. Add in soy sauce, ketchup, asian sesame oil.
- Now turn on the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid thickens as shown in the picture.
- Turn off the flame and your honey sauce is ready.
- Once the boiled baby corn is cool, add all purpose flour, corn starch to the boiled baby corn and toss it nicely until it coats well. This is a dry coat.
- In a separate bowl, add in maida for batter, red chilli powder, salt, corn starch, water to make runny yet slightly thick batter to coat the baby corns prepared earlier.
- Fry them until crisp and golden
- Now quickly add in the fried baby corn and toss it well in the honey sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and your honey sesame baby corn is ready to eat. hot with your favorite asian rice dish.
Check out our latest post on Social Media
- Ragi Semiya Upma
- Varuthu Aracha Kozhi Kuzhambu
- Rava Idli
- Medu vada Recipe
- Tuna Fish Cutlets ( Meen Cutlet)
appetizers biriyani breakfast chicken chicken recipes dinner Dum Biriyani Egg recipes Eggs Fish recipes healthy hemp high protein indian breakfast indian sweets instant recipes lentil main course mushroom Mushroom Recipes mutton mutton biriyani mutton recipes non veg non veg recipes North Indian recipes one pot recipes party recipes pickles plant based Prawns pressure cooker pressure cooker biriyani ramadan Seafood shrimps side dish snacks South Indian soy recipe sweet potato recipe sweets tamil style vegan vegetarian