Honey sesame baby corn
Honey sesame baby corn is a fantastic party recipe. Kids love it adults love it and its so simple and quick to make. ... I have eaten this made with chicken but wanted to give a vegetarian twist to it hence tried with baby corn and it turned out delish had to share this recipe!
- 200 grams Baby corn
- 1 tbsp All purpose flour/ Maida (for dry coat)
- 1 tbsp Corn starch (for dry coat)
- 3 tbsp All purpose flour (for batter)
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Corn starch (for batter)
- Oil (to deep fry)
- as required Water (for batter)
- Water (to boil)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil (the asian sesame oil not the indian gingerly oil)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce (use tamari sauce for vegan options)
- Chop the baby corns into 2 inch length and add it to boiling water seasoned with salt for 5 minutes. Remove the half cooked baby corn and set aside in a bowl
- In a pan mix, water, honey, mix well. Add in soy sauce, ketchup, asian sesame oil.
- Now turn on the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid thickens as shown in the picture.
- Turn off the flame and your honey sauce is ready.
- Once the boiled baby corn is cool, add all purpose flour, corn starch to the boiled baby corn and toss it nicely until it coats well. This is a dry coat.
- In a separate bowl, add in maida for batter, red chilli powder, salt, corn starch, water to make runny yet slightly thick batter to coat the baby corns prepared earlier.
- Fry them until crisp and golden
- Now quickly add in the fried baby corn and toss it well in the honey sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot with your favorite asian rice dish.